Boeing is chipping in $50 million toward the Virginia Tech Innovation Campus in Alexandria, Virginia, and it’s the biggest donation in Virginia Tech’s history, the university said. The multi-year commitment will help build the campus, as well as fund scholarships, fellowships, and academic programs for university students and to help steer a diverse group of K-12 students toward the technology fields.
According to wtop.com, “Some of the uses for the money, according to the statement:
- Full scholarships to attract, retain, and propel a diverse cohort of master’s degree students.
- Additional scholarships for potential future students looking to complete prerequisite courses and qualify for Innovation Campus admission.
- Ph.D. fellowships to attract a highly skilled and diverse cohort of researchers.
- A data-driven approach to inclusion- and diversity-focused student recruitment.
- A student success center, providing wraparound academic support.
- Programs that provide opportunities for non-traditional undergraduates, including veterans, to eventually enroll and succeed at the Innovation Campus.
- A scalable, K-12 STEM engagement program that will drive the future of diversity in the technology sector.
- Funding for a K-12 program director who will develop, implement, and lead a strategy to expand access to technology-related disciplines.”
Properties in Abingdon Row
Home size: 743 sq.ft.
Subdivision: Abingdon Row
Property Type: Condo for Sale
Last Updated: 04/06/2021